21.5.18

MBFWA Day 5 || Leo & Lin, Justin Cassin and Camilla

Just like that, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia 2018 has come to an end. As usual, the week flies by, with little time to process the fact that we have to wait another year until all Aussie fashion lovers are gathered at the same place viewing some of our favourite Aussie designers Resort Collections.

Fashion Week is always tiring, but it didn't quite hit me until the final day where I felt like I literally could sleep the day away. I didn't have a show until late afternoon so I spent the morning at home catching up on Uni work and reading some of my favourite Australian Fashion Blogs that were reporting on the shows during the week. 

Today's outfit was probably the most basic outfit that I wore all week, due to the fact that I had Justin Cassin's wrap party straight after watching his show. I opted for an all black look wearing a black and gold midi skirt from Kookai, a plain black crop also from Kookai and my Zara leather jacket. Comfortable footing necessary today, so I wore my favourite leather pointed boots from Wanted Shoes (can't recommend these enough!).



Whilst I wasn't able to attend the Leo & Lin show, I have to say that it was definitely one of my favourites from the week, and I lived vicariously through my blogger friend's Instagram stories. The Australian label presented a whimsical show, featuring brightly coloured silk pieces, making you feel as if you were transported to a dreamy, bed-time storybook. Although definitely not my usual style, there were many pieces that walked down the runway that I mentally added to my wish-list. I was amazed by the fact that the designers created their own colour (yes, their own colour) called Moonlight, which inspired the title of their Moonlight Resort Collection. This colour is a mix of lilac, stone and blue-grey, and is exactly the colour that I associate a magical, bed-time story collection with.  Silky, feminine silhouettes floated down the runway sporting beautiful princess-esque gowns that was giving me major Parisian Dior vibes. Magical was the only word to describe Leo & Lin's Resort Collection.






I wasn't overly a menswear fan until I witnessed the Justin Cassin show. The show opened with a dance routine to Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk, quickly getting everyone amped up for his second MBFWA show. Instagram sensation and Justin Cassin Brand Ambassador - Josh Heuston - walked first, modelling the effortless and minimalistic collection inspired by the sophisticated style often associated with European attire. There were many tailored blazers and jackets that I can envision myself forcing my future boyfriend to wear. 




There was no better ending to Fashion Week than Camilla. This was an incredibly touching and emotional show, as the legend behind the kaftan power-house just announced a week prior that she was diagnosed with breast cancer, after just welcoming her first child into the world. Camilla didn't let this stop her, putting on an incredible show inspired by Japan proving that women truly can do anything they set their mind to. Designs paid homage to the Japanese culture through intricate, hand embroidered, woven ribbons of cherry blossoms, origami folds and calligraphy. The set was nothing short of amazing, making guests feel as if they were stepping foot in beautiful Japan. I'm a huge fan of this collections colour scheme, and can't wait to try some of these beautiful pieces on when they are finally in-store. 





All Images: Getty

That concludes my MBFWA 2018 Blog Posts. I hope you all enjoyed them, and fingers crossed I can do it all over again next year.

Thanks for reading...
With Love,
Madyson

SOCIALS:


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment