Another one bites the dust. A super long day at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia has come to an end. I am so sad that we are about to embark on our final day at Carriageworks, it's been the best experience and time and I cannot wait to do it all over again next year.
Today started bright and early at the Meriton Penthouse on Pitt St, celebrating the launch of Whyte Studio's Resort 2019 collection. Having worked behind the scenes of many showings and preview's for brands, it was nice to actually be a guest for once. Collection Showing's are always the best because you get to interact with the designers and the people behind the brand, finding out more about what they are previewing to the media and social media people (I refuse to use the term influencer), when the collection is going to drop, information about the company as a whole, and the whole design process. Every element of this showing was executed perfectly, from the lay-out of the room to the pieces that were on display. There's a black coat from them that I have my eye on and prepared to drop some serious money just to have this key piece in my life, I will have to add it to my wish-list for you all to see it when it is finally released.
After the showing I headed to my college - The Fashion Institute - in Surry Hills to get styled and fitted for an upcoming campaign shoot for them, that's being photographed by New York Times Street Style Photographer Lee Oliveria. The vibe of the shoot is so fun and unique and I am completely stepping out of my comfort zone wearing some bright, yet insanely cool pieces. I'll be sure to share photos once I've received imagery from the shoot but I am so, so, so keen for it!
I've been helping assist the PR company that I intern with throughout the week, so I was back in the office from 11:30 through to 4, leaving to head back to Carriageworks to watch the Roopa show. Roopa was full of vibrant colours and lots of patterns, paying attention to intrinsic detailing. Colour-blocking red's and pink's continues to be a major trend this season, and I am super excited to get my hands on this gorgeous off-shoulder, pink dress, that is so Dubai and so chic.
Once the show had completed Alicia and I decided to hang around Carriageworks to get some pics and do some networking. I had the pleasure of talking to one of my favourite bloggers, Ashley from Miss Gunner. Ash is one of the sweetest bloggers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and it was so lovely chatting with her about the shows and our blogs. We also met Ashy Bines and Gretty Rose who were super lovely and absolutely beautiful, and drumroll pleaseeeeee, Miss. Tammy Hembrow. I've been following Tammy literally since she was 7 months pregnant with Wolf and it was a "pinch me" kind of moment. I think I've talked about it more than I talked about meeting One Direction in 2014. Tammy is just as beautiful in person as she is online, and the fittest mama I've ever met.
Show of the day must go to Acler. I was sitting in the office today aimlessly swiping through Instagram stories and died and went to heaven when I saw all the front-row videos and photos from their R19 show. Bright fuchsias, spotted dusty pink sets with elaborate shoulder detailing and puffy sleeves were just a few of my favourite looks. The mirrors on the catwalk were such a nice touch, and side-note, I need those grey floorboards in my future home.
Today I wore a full Witchery look, and whilst I look (kinda) happy, I was internally crying because it was so cold, and I left my trusty Zara leather jacket at the hotel, SO sad. Leopard print is a trend that I will be rocking frequently this Winter, and need a pair of leopard booties and a leopard coat on the ASAP. Plus, the skirt is pleated and asymmetrical which is super flattering. I wore this with a black ribbed turtle-neck and some leather boots. Patterns like leopard print is always so good to have in your wardrobe as it is so effortless and all you need to do is add something basic and it still looks so chic.
That's all for this evening. I am feeling super tired yet pumping through the days as a result of adrenaline. Doing something you love is the most rewarding thing ever. Can this week never end pleaaaaase??
Hope you are all well.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment