8.5.18

Best Of Met Gala 2018

Waking up to Met Gala pictures is the equivalent of waking up on Christmas morning. 

Each year I am blessed by some of the best-dressed celebrities doing the absolute most. However when I started seeing pictures of the first few guests that arrived at the show, I felt, underwhelmed. 

The theme of The Met this year was 'Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination', to which I was pleasantly thrilled by. I expected A-Lister's to go all out, doting daring pieces that reflected the 2018 Costume Institute's exhibition theme, but, I feel like the majority played it too safe,  or in many case's, missed the mark in its entirety (Kendall and Kylie Jenner, I'm looking at you). 

The Met Gala is a "pinnacle of iconic style", as Vogue put's it, and taking huge fashion risks is widely accepted when you attend fashion's biggest night out. It was such a shame to see so many celebrities, young creatives and respected industry people disregard the theme all together. 

However, those guests that did embrace the theme, knocked it out of the park, and what kind of Fashion Blogger would I be if I didn't report my top picks for this year? 

1. Gigi Hadid in Versace


Gigi Hadid truly looked like an angel sent from the heavens itself at this year's Gala, dressed in a stain glass Church window-inspired bedazzled Versace gown, dressing in accordance with the theme of Catholicism's influence on the Fashion industry. I loved that Gigi showed off one of her best assets - her legs - with that high slit detail as well, and the feathering detail on the train of the dress was gorgeous. Hair and makeup suited the gown as well - I'm convinced I need to re-create this hair look on the ASAP for my next black-tie event - so she get's a 10 from me. 

2. Kate Bosworth in Oscar de la Renta 


Astounding. Kate Bosworth paid full homage to this year's Met theme, and did it so well. I loved that so many of my best-dressed picks were wearing veils and crowns because head accessories are my favourite part of costumes. The specks of gold in the white gown was very angelic, and supposedly inspired by her wedding gown that too was made by Oscar de la Renta. That beading around the veil was next level, I love anything embroidered like that, and the fact that it was also worn as a cape too, claps for Kate. 

3. Rihanna in Maison Margiela 


I like to refer to Rihanna as the Queen of The Met. As co-chair of this year's gala, Rihanna arrived on time and on theme, dressed in Maison Margiela channeling what I like to call, Pope Chic. Every single element of this look was coordinated, right down to the Judith Lieber clutch. Oversized jacket over a mini dress made it very Rih Rih. Signature Fenty smokey eye completed this outfit, and let's not forget that bedazzled Pope's hat. A LOOK.

4. Kim Kardashian in Versace



I vibe with this look and I vibe with Versace. This is everything and more. She looks bomb from head to toe. I don't even know what else to say. PERFECTION. Oh, it's a plus she left her weird husband at home too. 

5. Irina Shayk in Atelier Versace


There's a theme going on in this best-dressed list and that theme is Versace. I cannot get over how incredible this gold number was. From the plunging neckline, beaded bodice, to that pleated skirt, Irina was a show-stopper. I think she is such a natural beauty, and never looks over-done. Obsessed with the matching choker as well. Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk's offspring is no doubt genetically blessed.

6. Lana Del Rey in Gucci 


Can't get over Lana Del Rey, Alessandro Michele and Jared Leto's entry into 2018's Met Gala. I like to call this the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. What a trio. Lana is such a theatrical lady that I had no doubts about what she was going to bring to this year's event. The bird halo headpiece paired with the ivory gown that had the golden pierced heart embellishment was perfectly co-ordinated as well. 

7. Zendaya in Versace



Zendaya channeling Joan of Arc in customer Versace was something that I didn't realise I needed to see in my life until I saw it. I genuinely think that this girl can do no wrong, and I admire her willingness to go above and beyond for each Met, and she always creates phenomenal red carpet moments. I am living for the fact that her stylist Law Roach decided to go with an all silver look, right down to the accessories. As per usual, Zendaya looked absolutely banging.  

8. Stella Maxwell in Moschino



I think this might actually be my favourite look of the night. Stella Maxwell looked divine in this outfit, showcasing her killer bod in a dress that featured printed iconic Catholic artworks that would be seen within a Church, plus Madonna features in these images as well. Hair and makeup worked perfectly as well.

9. Blake Lively in Atelier Versace 


Blake Lively, like Zendaya, also loves creating a killer red-carpet moment. Blake looked beautiful from head to toe, creating a classic, tasteful look that reflected both the theme and her personal style. The intricate embroidery on this dress is outstanding, accessorised beautifully by one of my favourite jewellers Lorraine Schwartz. The dress took over 600 hours to create, and in my opinion, it was worth every hour. This outfit is perfect in every way, and was worn by the best candidate. 

10. SZA in Versace




SZA is a bloody goddess. That's the only word to describe it. She is perfection, and this pink colour on her is everything. I love the fact that no matter where she is, she always has such a big, genuine smile on her face. Perfection is the only way to describe this outfit. Loving the tulle detailing, and the gold halo headpiece. Absolutely effortless. 

//

So that wraps up my Top 10 Best Dressed for 2018's Met Gala. I am so pleased that some of my artists really delivered, and I do have to say that this is my favourite theme ever. Can we discuss how cool it was that Kate Moss attended? Vogue posted a video that featured her on their Instagram and it is serving major goals. Forever QUEEN of the Runway. 


Thanks for reading...
With Love,
Madyson

SOCIALS:


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment