29.12.18

SUMMER DRESSES YOU NEED TO BUY || WHAT I WORE DURING CHRISTMAS

The most wonderful time of the year has come to an end and it's that awkward period between Christmas and New Year that everyday blurs into one. Is it Friday? Is it Sunday? I don't even know anymore. In the past two weeks I have decided that I refuse to wear pants and jeans for this time of year, and it will only be dresses and skirts until January 7th (when I go back to work and I can't be bothered to tan my legs). 

So many of you loved the dresses I wore over Christmas, so I thought I would share what I wore and where they're from on the blog, considering it is supposed to be dedicated to all things personal style and all. 

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and if you don't celebrate it, Happy Holidays!

Kookai
Blanca Dress



Tight dresses are a rare style choice for me, however I am a sucker for red and anything midi. Kookai is such a great one-stop shop for every occasion and no matter what I need I can find it there. What I love most besides the pop of colour is the back criss-cross detailing that is so flattering on every woman. I actually impulsively bought this without even trying it on early November because I knew that an occasion or event would come up that I would need a dress like this for. This item is also apart of their end of year sale, so I highly recommend to make the purchase if you need a dress in your wardrobe to have in case of emergency!

Shop here.

SIR
Lucille Embroidered Shift Dress





I have owned this dress from SIR for a few months now, after purchasing it from Bondi boutique (and online store!) Tuchuzy. This purchase was one that I surprisingly regretted after I made it and actually considered returning it before realising it was too late to take back as it was way past the exchange/return policy time. I am so relieved I didn't return this, because it is a staple in my wardrobe and a dress that I continue to go back to when I don't have anything else to wear. This dress is completely hand embroidered and made from beautiful cotton, making it worth the hefty price-tag. I wore this dress to a Christmas dinner with my girlfriends at the Woolwich Pier Hotel with some simple black strappy heels and gold jewellery, however have worn this casually with linen wedges. Due to it being quite a lightweight fabric I recommend purchasing some nude shape wear to wear underneath as it is quite see-through in daylight. 

Shop here.

Finders Keepers
One Love Floral Midi Dress




On Christmas Eve I had a dinner with my family and family friends before heading to my local pub to spend Christmas Eve with some friends (whilst looking extremely overdressed). The last few months I have started to wear much more feminine pieces, and this one is no different. I originally wore this to my best friend's 21st, but it's a piece I will continue to wear over and over again because it is so flattering and pretty. I highly recommend to size down though as I had to get this altered twice. The long puffy sleeves complemented by the open v-neck gives it a more young appeal which I love.

Shop here.

Alice McCall
The Best Dress



This was a very short-lived dress due to the fact it's really damn short. I absolutely love the style though because you can wear it either with the straps or strapless and it sinches you in at the stomach, however it is just way too short for a sit-down lunch or dinner. I highly recommend this though for any cocktail or clubbing event you have because it really is beautiful. Also, it's on sale!

Shop here.

Zimmermann
Corsage Safari Dress



I think everyone has established that Zimmermann is my absolute favourite brand. There's something about their pieces that make you feel so beautiful whether it be a dress or their swimwear. This python patterned dress is a piece I will live in during the summer because it looks great with sneakers or some bright coloured heels. As usual, the quality is worth the pricetag and it is so comfy. I do recommend to go down a size as it is a bigger fit and I desperately need it taken in.

Shop here.

Keep updated with all my outfit posts by following me on Instagram.

Yours Truly,

Madyson x 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment